http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: The Doctor Visit

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The Doctor Visit

My mom went to the doctor today. Her main question "Can I fly to Atlanta in December?". Her doctor's answer "Yes, absolutely". He then went on to tell her to make sure she arranged for a wheel chair at the airport etc. but that it shouldn't be a problem.
I need to wrap my head around this and be happy about it. I know that she is excited to be able to go to Clifford's graduation. After all it is not everyday we get a rocket scientist in the family. I also need to forget about this trip being any kind of vacation for me. It will not.
From this moment on I am going to be happy and excited that she is able to come. As a grandmother it gives her bragging rights.
Loradona says that I need to write here more often. She may be sorry that she said that :)
Love to you all.

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Wodin said...

Does she have a plane ticket? Is she really going? I know I shouldn't begrudge her this, but, bleh. She isn't going to Dallas, too, is she? Why did the doctor say yes? WHy couldn't he decide that her emphysema was too icky? Bleh. Tell her she can come on one condition: that she quit smoking altogether. Not just for the trip, but altogether and finally. Otherwise no dice. I love the smell of blackmail in the morning.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the smell of Loradona in the morning. I agree... let her quit! For Cliffy, for me, for Loradona, for you, for HERSELF...!

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Debra/Mom said...

Yes, she has her plane ticket. No, she is not going to Dallas. She is arriving in Atlanta Friday night. As far as smoking...you should tell her you want her to quit. But truly she has her free agency.
Love to you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home