http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: Update Atlanta: Getting there

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Update Atlanta: Getting there

The night before we left Dallas, I called Clifford and he mentioned, in passing, that he had to scrap ice off his car that evening when he came out of the Temple. It had been freezing rain there. I said, "It's going to be gone by the time we get there. Right?" He assured me that I had nothing to worry about. I gave it no further thought. Until the next day…
We got up at some unheard of hour (yet again) to make the two hour trip to the airport, so that we could make our flight on time. As we are waiting, we hear an announcement "Flight xyz 9:00am flight to Atlanta will be postponed until 9:40" Or something like that. Pretty soon there is another announcement, "Flight xyz to Atlanta has been canceled". So I do the fastest 50-yard dash that I've done since High School and go to the desk to try and get on the next fight. We make it on the next flight, but we are all sitting way apart from each other. Oh well.
By this time (before we actually get on the plane, but after we know that we are going to have to be at the airport an extra two hours) we are all hungry. We found a Chilies and at the DWF airport they serve breakfast. I have to say it was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had.
Eventually we get on a plane to Atlanta and without much to do we arrive in the ATL.
More later.
Love to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home