http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: Visiting Teaching with Children

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Visiting Teaching with Children

I think if you ARE going to bring children with you when you go Visiting Teaching you should bring one. No more. There are ways to trade babysitting that make it so you do not have to take ALL of your children with you.
Where does it say in the Church handbook that you need to take your children EVERYWHERE you go?
Today I had someone come to my house with their three children. The slinkys are (were) on the bottom shelf of the bookcase. After playing tug-of-war with a couple of the slinkys the mom finally took them away and I put them higher on the shelf. They then proceeded to play tug-of-war with Chuck. Luckily for Chuck, the mom ended that one quickly. I said "You can play with him, but you have to play nice". Then the mom said "If one of them has it the other one wants it. So it is best that they don't play with it". No taking turns. No sharing.
Maybe I'm getting old. But I don't remember my kids acting like that.
Clifford, if you should read this, have a safe trip to New Orlens.
Love to you all.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we were annoying sometimes, though...

I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home