http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: It's keeping me busy and out of trouble

Friday, September 18, 2009

It's keeping me busy and out of trouble

As most of you know, for the past three years or so I have been subbing at the local school district in the non-certified positions. Last year was really sparse as far as jobs went. This year the first week was looking the same way. But I just figured that the first week was going to be slow, so it's a wait and see. This last week (the second week of school) I was called to a job on Wednesday. I immediately thought, "Oh no, I've got my visiting teacher coming over and I'm going to go on a walk with my friend that morning". Then they said the hours: 11:30am until 3:30pm. I could do that and still do all I needed in the morning. I wasn't there an hour when one of the other aids asked if I could sub for her on Friday (8:30 - 12:30), I said I could do that. Trying to make this short, I ended up subbing again on Thursday (11:30 - 3:30) and then working 8:30 - 3:30 today. Taking on both jobs. I also am scheduled to work there next week, possibly as long as I want to. Sometime or another it could turn into a "permanent" temporary position. In the mean time, I will have some spending money for Japan. And that makes this grandma very happy.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for working! Congratulations.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Grace said...

good for you Debra...i too am trying to work my way into the school system..i volunteer quite a bit and would like to work in one of the autism classrooms at hazeldale some day...we'll see

 

Post a Comment

<< Home