http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: What's with the negative vibes...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's with the negative vibes...

Something that I am noticing more and more. Most people are negative. I include myself, some of the time. I try and be positive about things, in fact sometimes I'm a bit like Polly Anna. But even I can be negative, especially about myself. For example, I can eat really healthy most of the time, but if I go to Burger King, I get down on myself. Why is that? Yes, I know that fast food in general is not good for me, but it doesn't make me a bad person because I ate at Burger King.
But the thing that gets to me is when people refer to other people in a negative tone. I wish we could see peoples good qualities (including our own) and just look past the not so good. Instead of seeing someone as having messy hair, we can notice that their eyes are really pretty. Or whatever.
We are so hard on ourselves, that we don't need help in that aspect.
Maybe we just need to see ourselves and others the way Heavenly Father sees us.
Love to you all.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Wodin said...

Jeez, Mom, why so negative about the negativity? Why can't you see what's good about the negative? Sheesh!
(I'm only kidding, in case you weren't sure! I hearts you!)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Hesses Madhouse said...

Oooh. I hope it's not me. I miss hanging out with you everyday. Camp was so fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home