http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: My terrible no good rotten day - and it's not even lunch yet

Monday, July 07, 2008

My terrible no good rotten day - and it's not even lunch yet

My day started out good with the contractor calling at 7:30 am (not bad, I'm up usually by 7). They want to come and do the last small things that have not been done (finally). "What time are you coming?" I ask, knowing that they no longer have a key to my house. "8:30" was the reply, no problem. At 9:10 they finally knocked on the door. I told them that yes, the sink is still leaking. I have to go. I start to back out and CRASH! I have hit the workman's truck. He is parked just to the left of center in the driveway. Just enough that I don't see him in my rear view mirror. I ask him nicely to move his truck. I continue on to the gym. Once at the gym I realize that I don't have my lock with me. Figuring that with my luck today someone would get into my unlocked locker and steal all my credit cards and my ID. So, I decided that I should pay the .50 (more on this later) to get a locking locker. I think I have everything out of my locker that I want: my book, water, towel and ear phones so I proceed to close the locker. When I realize that I don't have my glasses, so I can not read my book. Oh well, I can still watch TV with my ear phones. My ear phones don't work. Great, it goes along with everything else.
After the gym I decide to go to Royal Moore to get an estimate on my damaged bumper. Now remember it is a bump about the size of a softball and it broke the red part of the break light but the inside white glass is still intact. The estimate, (which by the way totaled my car) is: $1,472.34 Amazing!

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Wodin said...

I am sorry, Mom. That blows. I am glad things got better, though!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Jeanette said...

So, uh, how's the car? What are you going to do?
P.S.-I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home