http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: Kids

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kids

Last night as I was laying in bed, I thought about writing here this morning about how I realized that this is the first summer in nearly 30 years that I haven't had my children (or at least a child) home to spend the summer with. And I thought how I missed my kids and how sad it is not to have someone to spend these glorious summer days with.
Then this morning I got news of a friend who's teenage daughter drowned recently on a summer vacation trip. My heart goes out to her. I can not imagine that kind of loss, I hope I NEVER have to know it.
I am thankful that even though my children are all far away, they are health and happy. I still miss them, but not the way that Patrice will miss Mallory.
Love you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home