http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jdawg1311875/twoofus.jpg A Mother's Rant: Birthday at the Beach

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Birthday at the Beach


Every year for the past few years we have gone to the beach for my birthday. At first it was for my birthday and Jeanette's. But sadly, she has not been able to join us since going off to college in another state.
This year we stayed at what I am going to refer to as "Our Cabin" it is a lovely little cabin with a beautiful view of Lake Marie, near Winchester Bay. Totally rustic and cozy. I loved it.
On Monday we stopped in Drain to see Loradona and to have lunch with her. It was fun to see her in her element. The waitress at the place where we ate knew Loradona and told us we have a very special daughter (we already knew that).
We proceeded on to our destination at the Oregon Coast and Our Cabin. The day was marvelous. We unpacked and started dinner. Loradona got there for dinner and then we roasted marshmallows over an open fire, under the slightly cloudy sky. We made S'mores and talked until the firewood was gone and the fire died down. That night it poured and we were snug and warm in Our Cabin.
The next day we all went on a hike around the lake. We saw newts and heard frogs. It was a nice way to start the day. There was a little rain during our walk, but nothing to keep these Oregonians in.
Later, we went into Florence to have lunch at Mo's (The best clam chowder in the world). But before we got to Mo's, Florence had it's Veterans Day Parade. It was fun, watching from the overhang of a building so we could stay dry. Yes, by that time it was really raining!
We also did actually go to the beach. The rain was coming down sideways! The interesting thing is, it wasn't cold. As long as we were able to stay dry, we were able to stay warm.
After lunch, Loradona had to leave and Richard and I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening just reading an relaxing.
On my birthday we went on a hike at Bolod Island. It was a fun. More newts and a snake.
It was a great day. The only down side to it was when we got home I had a missed call from Jill (I love you Jill!). Lots of calls from people wishing me "Happy Birthday" It was a good day.
Love you all.

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Hesses Madhouse said...

What a cute place and a fairly perfect birthday, I'd say (add a few of your kids in there, and it would have been idyllic).

I didn't know it was your birthday, or I would have called too. What is the exact date, so I know for future reference?

Anyway, for this year, happy birthday!!!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Wodin said...

At first, I thought it said you went hiking on Blood Island, but then I took a second look.
Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home